Thursday, February 26, 2009

Day 3 for Eleonora!

"What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee! IN GOD I will praise his word,

In GOD I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me!" Pslams 56 3-4

These encouraging words greeted me this morning as I opened the WORD ! God always has something for me and today the whole chapter was so encouraging along with the Proverbs for the day and my time in the book of Mark. Are you being fed by God to keep you strong in your trials ~ that is where my strength comes from!
Yesterday afternoon was a bit hard since Eleonora had to have uncomfortable and painful tests done to make sure she does not have an infection , since her white blood cell count is up. The nurse had Philipp touch(!) her for the first time to comfort her and she settled back down. Sarah also got to touch her later (praise the Lord) with Elizabeth by her side looking on. Eleonora only had one formula feed through a tiny tube since birth and now is only getting Sarah's colostrum! (Praise!) But Sarah is still in considerable pain despite switching medications and being able to eat now.I had to remind myself (and hum the song) that they are "Safe in the arms of JESUS" BUT please DO PRAY and CRY outLOUD!!! ( most bible verses use the phrase "I cried to the Lord..."....and he heard my CRY!)
Philipp, Sarah and Elizabeth all sounded good and hopeful~ however they all are in need of more sleep and rest and God's healing touch!

Prayer requests:
* Eleonora would remain stable and NOT get an infection and all her vitals would be normal as they have been so far. May God comfort her with His peace and joy and LIGHT!
*Sarah would be able to stay in the Hospital until the pain comes down to around 2-3 , instead of the 7-8 spiking to 10 at times on a scale of 1-10. The nurses have been very kind as she needs help to move or pump her breast milk for baby ( every 2-3 hrs!) I f something else is wrong with Sarah they would find out for this continued amount of steady pain for the last days is unusual and she rarely in her life has ever complained of pain!
*Philipp would continue to receive Wisdom from the LORD in all matters, get enough rest and be nourished by GOD's WORD! ( May he continue to whistle and hum as he so often does!)
*Elizabeth would stay healthy and be able to know when to ask for help . She continues to provide
support and encouragement.
*The stresses and strains would pull our family together and to GOD and not let the enemy get a foothold.
* Tim to continue to recover from his shoulder surgery last month and major Vertigo setbacks and medication complications. He needs to travel for work and will be gone each week . Pray for his complete healing and blessing at work.Life is quite overwhelming at times!
* Ruthe (me!) would walk in the Spirit and not in the flesh ~ enjoying every precious moment and chosing the BEST thing to do with my time all day and night~ serving my family here and in Florida
*Harmony and Peace in our home and for those we love...(including you!)
NO GOD ~ NO PEACE.......KNOW GOD~ KNOW PEACE !!!!!
love and joy to you all~ gran~momie ruthe

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the update!!!
    That is so wonderful that Philipp and Sarah were able to touch their baby! :prayers and hugs:
    ~Keslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs back to you and your precious baby still in "God's secret nesting place" until early June~the GOOD LORD willing!!!
    I hope I can hug you 'both' on Sunday at church ~ it would do my heart good ~ will you be in town?~ if not I will give your mom a hug for you both!

    ReplyDelete