Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Weiss du Wieveil ....Serenity

Do You know how many stars
There are shining in the skies?
Do you know how many clouds
Ev'ry day go floating by?
God in Heaven has counted all.
He would miss one should it fall.

Do you know how many children
Go to little beds at night.
And without care or sorrow,
Wake up in the morning light?
God in Heaven each name can tell,
Loves me , too, and loves me well.

From the German ( song my mother sang to me in German, I sang to Sarah, Philipp's mother sang to him and his dear sister Julia and now we sing to Eleonora! ~ I did last week!)

Psalm 121 comforts me right now!! Plus this prayer: ( also from Germany!)

The Serenity Prayer

(Reinhold Neibuhr-1926)

GOD, grant me the serenity
to accept the things
I cannot change,
Courage to change the
things I can, and the
wisdom to know the difference.

Living ONE DAY AT A TIME;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardship as the
pathway to peace.
Taking, as He did, this
sinful world as it is,
not as I would have it.
Trusting that He will make
all things right if I
surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy
in this life, and supremely
happy with Him forever in
the next. Amen

Sarah and Eleonora are better today but DO keep praying. Last night I kept praying and staying active in order to not worry and it was hard. But this morning I had such PEACE knowing GOD cares and I meditated on the truths of scripture and poems and songs like the one above.
Peace and JOY to you!
Lovinly
a prayin' Gran~momie

No comments:

Post a Comment