Thursday, February 3, 2011

First signs of spring!

Greetings!
Despite freezing temps here in the beautiful northwest- there was sunshine and plenty of signs of spring this last week:
~lots of Song birds singing and praising GOD and flowers returning!!!~ violets, snow drops & lawn daisies , known as " ganse blumchen" as my German mother called them! These are precious reminders of God's love and faithfulness to me!
Plenty to raise my spirits~ how about you?
What makes you happy and gives you spring- like hope in your " winters"?

Songs are the best for me - old or new- here are three favorites:
An oldie preferably sung by Ethel Waters ( one of my parents favs-) " His Eye is On the Sparrow"
. ..so I know He is watching YOU & Me!
Here is Ethel Waters just about when I heard her as a child:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpMVu-N6EAE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

And a newie : "Better Hands". ESP the version sung by a 9 yr old name Steven on U tube!
Check out this video on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y43SYaqOFA8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Second new song is "Your Hands" by JJ Heller


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-F6DGGF4Qs&feature=youtube_gdata_player



What are your favorite songs or " gleanings" from this week? What flowers have you picked or seen?

Lovingly from
A grateful rose
ruth elizabeth

Revelation 17:14~ a favorite and new verse to me from my Wednesday bible study in Revelation by ( Eliza) Beth Moore.
...and these shall make war with the LAMB, but the LAMB shall overcome them, for HE IS LORD of Lords and KING of Kings:
And those that are with HIM are called and chosen and. FAITHFUL".... - oh I want to be faithful....

No comments:

Post a Comment