Thursday, March 12, 2009

Psalm 71 for Eleonora!

GOD is GOOD ! ~ all the time! Even when the computers shut down for 2 days~ I wrote this 2 nights ago but could not post it. We are still praying for a miracle that Eleonora can start back on Mama's milk very soon and not need any more surgeries~ she is stable and we are thankful for each day the LORD has given. Psalm 71 was especially comforting and verses 1,3,5,6,7 and 21-22 ( For Thou art my hope, O LORD GOD; thou art my trust from my youth...by Thee have I been holden up from the womb....I AM AS A WONDER UNTO MANY; BUT THOU ART MY STRONG REFUGE....Let my mouth be filled with thy praise and with thy honour all the day...."The whole chapter I dedicate to Eleonora!....

so here is my last update from the other night:

Even though our hearts and prayers are in Florida ~Life goes on here on the Farm in Washington.
Track has officially started for Joshua and Caleb despite snow flurries . On the rainy days Andrew and John have enjoyed making boats to float in the puddles or building their amazing lego creations by the fire. MaryAnna and Lydia are such great helps with everything around here and I am so grateful for the full life we have.
Last night I took the older boys to the Centralia College for a night of music by the Pacific Northwest Chamber Orchestra.
It was a treat to hear F.Schubert's Symphony in B Minor and then a collection of Irish Tunes including :
Long, Long, Ago taking my thoughts back to Florida and that precious baby there ~ longing to hold her and praying GOD would hold her and sing to her for me ~ So here's the song for you to enjoy:

Long, Long Ago
Sing me the songs that to me were so dear
Long, long ago, long ago
Tell me the tales I delighted to hear
Long, long ago, long ago.

Out of th e past on the winds of the years
Sung by a voice that could still all my fears
Softened by laughter and gentled by tears
Long, long ago, long ago

Sing me the songs that were mine at the start
Long long ago, long ago
Tell me the tales that were dear to my heart
Long, long ago, long ago

Now I shall share with a child at my breast
All of those songs that once put me to rest
Safe in the arms of the one I loved best
Long, Long ago, long ago.

Then imagine how comforted I was to hear that Sarah was able to resume Kangaroo~ Care last night for the 2nd time only( surely the same time that song was being sung!) and got to hold Eleonora for a whole hour and a half ~" safe in the arms of the one she loves best"~ her Mama!!!! Elizabeth was with her and was delighted to get to help ~ touching and stroking her for the first time. Eleonora is quite stable and we remain hopeful and grateful for all GOD is doing!!!!
Sweet dreams to all of you of the LONG, long ago and the here and now also make every day special~
love from Gran~momie Ruthie's heart and...
a big HUG across the miles! romans 15.13

No comments:

Post a Comment